Hellenic Center Wedding Photos :: Michaela & Pat
Oh man do I have something fun to share with you all today! Michaela and Pat were married a few weeks ago on the only rainy day of the long weekend (booooooo rain!) but they didn’t let that dampen their spirits because they absolutely know how to have a really good time! I just adore Michaela and Pat—they are an incredibly fun, undeniably good-looking, and totally classic couple. Everything about their day was clean and sophisticated (think lace gown, champagne bridesmaids dresses, cream and green bouquets, champagne printed invites, black tuxes) mixed with fun elements (smashed pumpkin signature drinks, a fantastic band, a break-out “whip and nae nae” dance with the bridal party, singing with the band, and a sparkler exit). It was really a perfect day despite the rain.
They were married at the beautiful Hellenic Center, I just love an Estate/mansion wedding. Hellenic Center has these great back porches that came in handy because of the rain and were so beautiful to photograph. I chose a lot of black and whites for this post because it fit the classic feel of the day. :) Okay, I know these two are patiently awaiting this post so let’s get to the photos!
• Michaela was calm when I arrived, and laughed throughout the entire day even though the rain derailed some of her original plans.
• The guys were wearing bowties and suspenders (I heart bowties)
• During the getting ready portion of the day I received a text from my fabulous second shooter, Jess, (who was photographing the guys) to tell me that the guys were doing great and were practicing their “whip and nae nae” for later. There are photos to prove that this was, indeed, true. :)
• Amanda’s maid of honor speech was really touching (Michaela and Amanda are best friends who married brothers…how adorable is that!)
• Sparkler exit…I just love their laughter during these photos…it makes me smile like crazy. :)
“Ooooooh, watch me, watch me…oooohhhh, watch me, watch me…”
Dress designer: Mikaella Bridal
Bridal boutique: Madeline’s Daughter
Bridesmaids dresses: Amsale
Groom & groomsmen attire: Men’s Wearhouse :: Calvin Klein
Invitations: Kleinfeld Paper from Paperpotpourri
Hair: Rebecca Staten
Makeup: Donna McKinnon
Cake: Topsfield Bakeshop
Band: Rare Form
Venue: Hellenic Center