I love a nautical themed wedding with hints of blush and gold throughout. Add a little Newport blue into the mix and I am one happy girl. :) Cait and Shawn ended up with the most amazing day for their Regatta Place wedding in beautiful Newport. All week it was calling for rain (booooo) and my second shooter and I were driving through a downpour all the way from Boston where we could barely see. The rain continued through the early afternoon and I was getting my umbrellas ready when the rain just turned off. No more rain…at all…for the rest of the day! And in the late evening the sun even poked out for the last hour to warm the tent and give us gorgeous light. Lucky!
There were such beautiful details at this wedding—rosé Veuve Clicquot while getting ready, blush dresses and gold Jack Rogers sandals for the girls, Newport blue suits for the men with pink ties, a divine dessert table by Amy’s Apples—and Regatta Place was the perfect backdrop for such a beautiful wedding. Love.
• Cait’s colors were blush, gold, and newport blue and she even had blush champagne at the hotel while getting ready…talk about attention to detail
• These two smile constantly with each other—they hated the serious face. :)
• Cait’s Maggie Sottero dress was perfect for her, I loved the fullness and movement in the skirt
• Cait and Shawn opted for a dessert table instead of a cake (kind of love that) and these dessert were to die for—those dipped pretzels had caramel on them too and tasted like homemade snickers bars, I’m salivating just thinking about them…
• I love a wedding ceremony on a dock, so cool!
Dress designer Maggie Sottero
Groom and groomsmen attire: Tommy Hilfiger from Miltons
Ties: Vineyard Vines
Bridesmaids dresses: Aria Dress
Girls’ shoes: Jack Rogers
Invitations: Suite Paper
Hair & Makeup: Studio B Salon
Flowers: Sarah Rodgers
Dessert Table: Amy’s Apples
Band: Men in Black
Venue: Regatta Place
I love Newport weddings and if you are thinking of having a wedding at the many Newport venues that I adore, be sure to reach out and I’d love to tell you all about my favorites!